“Help! I’m the New Garden Parent” – Online Lessons and Resources for Garden Educators
Recently, my friend who has become the "garden parent" for her son's school lamented to me, "I know how to garden, but what am I going to do with 10 kindergarteners in the garden?" There is a world of difference between gardening in your yard and gardening with a class of kids. Although not essential, gardening skills help, but having lesson plans and ideas about outdoor classroom management can create a garden educator who can bring learning to life in the garden.
- Managing an Effective Outdoor Classroom handouts and videos of lessons
- Various Scavenger Hunts
- Easy School Garden Activities "Back Pocket Activities"
- Worm Bin Bingo Cards plus links to teacher guides for lessons on worms
- Fun Edible Activity
- 1st-4th Grade Science Exploration Lessons
- A whole other page of resources related to Garden Enhanced Nutrition Education
More tips for browsing our website