School Garden Crew
Garden Work and Teaching Kids in Watsonville School Gardens!
Interns receive training in working with children in an outdoor setting, organic gardening, environmental education, and more!
Apply Here and we will be in touch with you soon.
Earn university credit!
Wednesdays 10:00am-2:30pm. Garden Crew Days are led by Life Lab staff and Watsonville garden educators. You don’t need a car, Vanpool leaves from UCSC Farm.
Garden Crew Training Topics
This is what you will learn!
- Program Introduction / Outdoor Classroom Management / Plant Propagation
- Lesson Planning / Teaching Kids
- Garden Skills / Gardening with Kids
- Interpretive Displays and Lesson Kits
- School Garden Tour and Mini-Work Blasts
- Garden Bed Construction – Garden Install Day
- Garden Design and Edible Crop Planning
- Irrigation and Maintaining a School Garden
- Mock Farmers Market and Garden Festival
- Hot Composting / Worm Composting
Please complete this application with your information and we will be in touch with your shortly.
For more information contact Aisling Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org