- Fresh, "living" worm compost.
- Download and print up worm bin bingo pages and laminate or cover in plastic sleeves.
- Pennies, beans, or other small items to mark bingo cards.
- Tweezers, hand lenses, and/or sticks to explore worm compost.
How to play:
Pass out bingo cards to each child or pair of children.
Place one large scoop of worm bin content on a piece of newspaper and place on a table or the ground for a pair or small group of children to explore.
Have children explore the worm bin contents and critters and fill in their bingo cards.
Switch cards and continue playing.
Download set of 20 Worm Bin Bingo Cards (12mb PDF)
Worm Bin Bingo cards were created by the Santa Cruz Home Composting Program. Learn more about composting at home, school or work at www.compostsantacruzcounty.org
More worm and compost links:
- California Integrated Waste Management Board's School Garden and Compost Page
- Teaching With Worms Online Lessons and Teacher Guide
- Watch a worm being born and its five hearts beating.
- Watch our Worm Composting How To Video