The Potential of Garden Classrooms to Help Schools Reopen Safely
The reports below outline the potential for outdoor classrooms to provide much-needed, extra “classroom” space; allow for social distancing between students; and provide strategic and cost-effective tools for improving academic, mental and physical wellbeing as schools reopen.
- Outdoor Spaces Are Essential Assets for School Districts’ COVID-19 Response Across the USA
- Scotland Eyes Outdoor Learning as Model for Reopening Schools
Is Your School or District Interested in Starting or Reviving a Garden Classroom? If so, here are some great resources to get you started!
- Starting a School Garden
- Outdoor, Garden Lessons Cross-Mapped to Common Core Math, English Language Arts, and Next Generation Science Content Standards
- Free Webinars on Garden-Based Learning
- More Resources on Garden-Based Learning
Looking For Easy Garden and Cooking Activities To Do At Home?
- View www.backpocketlearning.org – a curated list of activities from Life Lab and partners #backpocketlearning
Looking For Ideas & Resources to Support Your School Garden During School Closures?
- View the School Garden Support Organization Network COVID Page – www.sgsonetwork.org/covid
Life Lab Program Changes in Response to COVID-19:
- 2020 Life Lab Camps Have Been Canceled – View Our Announcement
- 2020 Life Lab In-Person Workshops Have Been Canceled – Join our mailing list to learn about new, virtual training opportunities coming soon!