Since 1979 Life Lab has been providing insight and resources to educators on starting or enhancing garden-based learning programs. In addition to our educator workshops, Life Lab can provide:
- Consultations – Facilitated, small-group meetings on year-round curricular planning; school garden design; statewide and national movement building; and more
- A customized, multi-day or week-long institute
- A custom, guided tour of thriving, long-standing school gardens in the area
- A custom, guided tour of the Life Lab Garden Classroom and UCSC Center for Agroecology and Sustainable Food Systems
- Training for other trainers to support school gardens in their region
Our consultation rate is $150 per hour plus $50/hour for travel time and reimbursement for travel costs.
Phone, Skype, or Google Hangout consultations are also available for $150 per hour.
Contact us via email or call (831) 459-2001 to learn more.
GARDEN CLASSROOM VISITS, FIELD TRIP AND SUMMER CAMP OBSERVATIONS
Our staff enjoys sharing our model educational garden, The Garden Classroom, with those seeking inspiration on garden design and program planning. Professional visits under 30 minutes typically include a tour of The Garden Classroom, browsing our publications, and observing field trips or summer camps when in session. These brief meetings are subject to our staff availability.
We consider visits and tours over 30 minutes to be consultations, which we offer at a rate of $150/hour. These consultations may include touring the 25-acre UCSC CASFS Organic Farm, visiting exemplary local school gardens, and/or engaging in in-depth discussions around garden design, program planning, curricular connections, and more.
Contact us us to arrange a visit.
- Visiting The Garden Classroom – directions, Garden Classroom map, and parking information
- Visiting and touring the UCSC CASFS Farm (the 25 acre farm The Garden Classroom is located on)
Past participants say …
“Our visit from Life Lab staff was absolutely amazing and inspiring … You do such amazing work and we feel very fortunate to the be recipients of your expertise.” – Director of the Google Children’s Center at the Woods, Mountain View, CA